There are many different ways to get involved in gymnastics in Ireland.
WHERE DO I START - Gymnast, Coach, Judge and Volunteer?
There are many different pathways to becoming involved in gymnastics. Some people move from being a gymnast in to a coaching or judging role. Some parents become interested in judging, or coaching to gain a better knowledge of the scoring system. Others may not be interested in the technical side, but do have time to offer in a voluntary capacity. No matter what entry route into the sport you choose or your level of experience, Gymnastics Ireland wants to help you get involved.
If you cannot find what you want here, take a more detail look through the website using the BROWSE BY categories, or simply contact the office on 01 625 1125
HOW TO I BECOME A MEMBER OF GYMNASTICS IRELAND?
There are two main routes to becoming a member;
1. Club Member:
- If you are part of a club, or are thinking of joining one, the club will register you with Gymnastics Ireland. Clubs register their gymnasts, coaches and judges under the club name ONLINE
- If you are a parent of a child in a club, you may like to register as an independent member (see below)
- All club membership begins with contacting the office!
2. Independent Member:
- To become an independent member (it is not necessary to be associated to an affiliated gymnastics club), please contact the office 01 625 1125. The office will take your personal details and payment can be made over the phone, or by cheque.
- For a step by step guide to becoming a member, click here
WHY SHOULD I BECOME A MEMBER?
Anyone who wants to take part in Gymnastics Ireland run coaching courses will need to be a member (you do not need to be a member to participate in workshops or modules). You will also need to be a member to be a competitive gymnast, a judge or coach.
To find out more about our Workshops, Modules and Coaching Courses, click here
WHAT DISCIPLINE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
There are 8 disciplines within Gymnastics Ireland; Acrobatics, Aerobics, Gymnastics for All, Men’s Artistic, Women’s Artistic, Rhythmic, Trampolining and Tumbling. To find out more, click here
There are many clubs around the country specialising in different disciplines. To find out more, click here