EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY WITHIN ONE OF IRELANDS LARGEST OLYMPIC SPORTS
Role: Performance & Technical Officer
Gymnastics Ireland (GI) is seeking to appoint a dynamic, ambitious and talented individual to the position of Performance & Technical Officer (PTO) to assist the current Performance & Technical Manager (PTM) in the delivery of the national and international programmes going into the next Olympic cycle. This is coming off the back of 2016 which saw two Irish gymnasts qualify & compete in the Rio Olympic Games (including Irelands first female gymnast) and the first European medal achieved within an Olympic discipline. This opportunity is coming at a crucial time as we move to our new base of operations within the National Indoor Arena in Dublin in early 2017.
Key roles of Performance and Technical Officer:
- Planning, logistical and administrative support for Performance & Technical Manager with specific brief around…
- National squad coordination and logistical operation
- Selection policy administration
- International competition entry and travel logistics (including international travel)
- National competition Structure administration
- National event technical support
- Ongoing performance & technical policy development
The PTO will report directly to the PTM.
The successful candidate should have experience or qualifications in the development/operation of performance systems in sport. A technical knowledge of gymnastics as a sport is preferable, but not essential.
Salary will reflect the experience of the successful candidate.
Those interested in the position should submit their C.V. along with an attached cover letter outlining their suitability for the position for attention of Ciaran Gallagher, Chief Executive Officer Gymnastics Ireland via email to email@example.com by Friday 27th January 2017.