EXCITING TECH OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN GYMNASTICS IRELAND'S EVENT TEAM!
Role: Score System Operator(s) – IT based role
Gymnastics Ireland (GI) operates one of the largest events programmes of an Olympic sport in Ireland covering national and international competitive events. With the move of our programme to the new state-of-the-art National Indoor Arena at the National Sports Campus in Dublin GI is seeking talented IT professionals to join our national events team to resource/operate our gymnastics scoring system at our events. This bespoke system has been developed for our sport and operates on SQL; we are also in the process of updating the system to .net to make it as user friendly as possible for both operation and end users.
Typical GI event summary:
* Weekend events: Set-up typically on a Friday with competition running Saturday & Sunday followed by takedown Sunday evening, larger events may require a Thursday set-up.
* Pre-programming for each event is carried out by the programme developers and physical layout of cabling/hardware & pack-up of the same is carried out by our rigging company as per pre agreed floor plans.
The following duties are therefore part of the score system operator’s role:
* Pre event liaising with programming company
* Technical set-up of system and judges terminals
* Operation and monitoring of system during competition
* Publishing of scores online during & full results book at end of competition
* Technical shut-down following event
GI is looking for contractors/self-employed IT professionals to fulfil this role, while knowledge of gymnastics as a sport would be helpful it is not essential.
Remuneration/fee will be discussed directly with interested parties.
Those interested should contact Gymnastics Ireland's Marketing & Events Manager, Caroline Ledwith via email sending a CV/information on IT skills/qualifications/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact main GI office by Friday 10th February.