The National Vetting Bureau (Children & Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 - 2016 (NVBA) commenced on 29th April 2016 and the Act provides a legislative basis for the mandatory vetting of persons who wish to undertake certain activities relating to children or vulnerable persons.
From July 2016 - Vetting is conducted by means of eVetting applications only.
All applications to the NVB are processed by the GI Liaison Person through the NVB on-line application system on receipt of eVetting Invitation & Identification Validation form from an individual seeking to be vetted. The requirements of the process are mandatory by legislation.
The following links provide all the necessary information for you to ensure that you comply with the requirements of the National Vetting Bureau Acts 2012 to 2016
- To download Gymnastics Ireland eVetting Invitation & Identification Validation form - click here...
- To view E-Vetting Step by Step summary - click here... or view below
- To view Gymnastics Ireland vetting Policy & Procedures April 2021 document - click here...
- To download Gymnastics Ireland Parent/Guardian consent form - click here...
- To view 100 Point Identity Check document (applicant over 18) - click here...
- To view 100 Point Identity Check document (applicant over 16/under 18) - click here...
- To download the National Vetting Bureau (Children & Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016- click here...
- For further information on evetting please refer to the “frequently asked questions” section of the National Vetting Bureau website - https://vetting.garda.ie/Help/FAQ
- To view information on Northern Ireland postcodes - click here...
N.B. – You must manually submit the signed off eVetting Invitation & Identification form and provide copies of documents viewed before an invitation to the eVetting website can be sent to your email address
E-VETTING STEP BY STEP SUMMARY
- Vetting Subject manually completes a Gymnastics Ireland E-Vetting Invitation & ID Validation form and complies with the 100 point ID check.
- Vetting subject presents their form, original identification documents with photocopies to their Club Children’s Officer (or nominated person by the club) for validation (you must comply with the 100 point ID check).
- The vetting subject or Club Children’s Officer then posts their eVetting Invitation form along with photocopies of the ID used to the Liaison Person, Gymnastics Ireland, Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
- Gymnastics Ireland then sends the vetting subject an e-mail with a link attached inviting him/her to complete the online eVetting Application Form.
- The vetting subject completes an eVetting Application Form online and submits it to Gymnastics Ireland.
- The Gymnastics Ireland Liaison Person reviews the eVetting Application Form and submits it to the National Vetting Bureau for processing.
- The National Vetting Bureau processes the eVetting application and forwards a vetting disclosure to the Gymnastics Ireland Liaison Person.
- Gymnastic Ireland reviews the vetting disclosure and as soon as is practicable provides a response to the vetting subject.
Read Next: AccessNI