JLT Ireland back as headline sponsor of 2017 National Awards
14th November 2017, 00:00a.m. | National Awards
Gymnastics Ireland is proud to announce JLT Ireland as the headline sponsor for the 2017 National Awards evening on Saturday 18thNovember.
The news follows on the back of the recent announcement that two Team Ireland gymnasts claimed gold, silver and bronze in the Apparatus Finals at the 2017 Northern European Championships in the Faroe Islands. But Gymnastics Ireland has accomplished much more this year, below are some of the key highlights…
- Membership grew by 8000 members from the previous membership year to hit over 25,000 making us one of the largest Olympic national governing bodies in Ireland.
- The opening of the Sport Ireland National Indoor Arena, a venue that includes the new National Gymnastics Training Centre but also is the base of operations for our national events, education and performance programmes. The importance of this facility to the future development of our sport cannot be underestimated.
- Record entries of over 7000 participants in our national events programme covering participation through to performance levels.
- Rhys McClenaghan made history claiming gold on Pommel Horse on the World Cup Circuit at the 2017 World Challenge Cup in Croatia.
- The launch of our new GymABLE inclusion programme for people with disabilities.
- New market research conducted in 2017 highlighted gymnastics is now the 3rd most popular sport in the country for children as chosen by parents.
Gymnastics Ireland CEO, Ciaran Gallagher, welcomed the sponsorship deal for an event that celebrates the achievements of all Gymnastics Ireland members. 'It’s great that JLT Ireland have again partnered with us as the headline sponsor for the 2017 National Awards. Our inaugural event last year was a huge success and this year’s promises to be the same as we celebrate another great year for our sport in Ireland. I would like to thank Amanda Harton and her team at JLT Ireland for partnering with us and investing in a night that celebrates the achievements of our members.'
Speaking on the announcement of the sponsorship deal Amanda Harton, Partner, JLT Ireland said: ‘JLT Ireland and Gymnastics Ireland share a huge passion for sport and we are proud to partner with them once again. We wish Gymnastics Ireland the very best in their continuous growth and development of this great sport which is like no other and one of the most popular sports in Ireland. We look forward to celebrating a very successful year with all of their team and people involved in making it possible at the National Awards evening this November.’ The JLT Gymnastics Ireland 2017 National Awards takes place in the Radisson Blu Hotel on Golden Lane in Dublin on the 18th November 2017. Over 200 Gymnastics Ireland members from across Ireland will attend, with some also travelling from the UK and beyond.
Gymnastics Ireland would like to thank our additional partners & suppliers for supporting the National Awards evening including Profile Events, RSPD, The Logo Shop and Lee Brothers for their support.
For further information on the event, please email [email protected] or visit http://www.gymnasticsireland.com/about/national-awards
Remember to follow us on social media for live updates and photos by searching for @GymnasticsIre #GymasticsIreland #SportStartsHere