Tickets go on sale for the Gymnastics Ireland 2017 National Awards
26th October 2017, 00:00am | National Awards
Irish Sport HQ, Dublin: Gymnastics Ireland are happy to announce that tickets have now gone on sale for our annual National Awards. Ticket prices for the event are e45 per person and a table of 10 or 12 can be arranged also. The event is a ticketless affair and there will be a guest list on the night for registration. Please note that tickets are limited and will be sold on a first come, first served basis. We look forward to welcoming you to the 2017 National Awards on Saturday 18th November at the Radisson Blu Hotel on Golden Lane in Dublin 8 (City Centre).
How to buy tickets?
Please contact the Gymnastics Ireland office directly to book your tickets at [email protected] or call T: (+353) 01-625-1125.
Our evening will start at 6.15pm with registration, pre-dinner canapes and a prosecco reception. At 7.30pm, guests will be asked to take their seats for the National Awards presentation where our 24 award winners will receive their awards.
- Coach of the Year – Club: Elisha Colgan - Athlone GC
- Unsung Hero: Janet Hawkins - Coolmine GC
- Non-Competitive Club of the Year: Aerials GC
- Display Club of the Year: Coolmine GC
- Inclusive Club of the Year: Joint award to Cork Acro & Excel GC
- Club Innovation Award: Limerick GC
- Competitive Club of the Year : Phoenix GC
- Gymnast of the Year: Rhys McClenaghan - Rathgael GC
- Rising Star: Meg Ryan - Douglas GC
- Coach of the Year - International: Luke Carson - Rathgael GC
- Young Coach of the Year : Dale Moylan - Renmore GC
- Club Governance Award: Sugarloaf GC
- Club Social & Digital Content Award: DP GC
- Safe Club of the Year: Renmore GC
Special Recognition Awards
-Gymnast: Andrew Smith – Douglas GC
- Grainne Springael & Mary Anne Watson - Janz GC
- Aoife Greene - Waterford GC
- India Quinn & Hannah Sullivan - Excel GC
- Carol Hynes - Renmore GC
- David Conway: Former development manager & CEO for the National Sports Campus and key supporter for the inclusion of gymnastics within the NIA from the early planning and pitching days back in 2008 through to opening in 2017.
- Jim O'Leary: Former President of Gymnastics Ireland.
A buffet dinner and drinks will commence following the awards ceremony. A DJ will entertain the guests once the meal has finished. The night will come to an end at 11pm to facilitate those wishing to travel to and from the event.
Directions to the hotel can be found here. If you are driving, there is paid parking available on site and on street parking in the surrounding area is free after 7pm.
Please contact the hotel for further information on availability of rooms. For those looking to find alternative accommodation options in the area. We suggest the nearby hotels;
Brooks Hotel; Jurys Inn Christchurch; the Aisling Hotel; O'Callaghan Hotel on St.Stephens Green; the Mespil Hotel; The Albany; and the Harrington House Hotel.
Dress Code is Smart Casual but we encourage you all to dress to impress!
Attendance is by guest list only; no tickets will be issued for this event. All guests will be assigned a table and seating plans will be available on the night at the registration.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat & LinkedIn @GymnasticsIRE or by using the official hashtags #NationalAwards #GymnasticsIreland #Sportstartshere