Marsh Ireland announced as headline sponsor of 2019 National Awards
24th September 2019, 12:51pm | National Awards
Following the acquisition of JLT Ireland by international insurance firm Marsh, Gymnastics Ireland is proud to announce Marsh Ireland as the headline sponsor for the 2019 National Awards on Saturday 19th October.
The news follows off the back of another great year including more historic firsts for Gymnastics Ireland such as our first podium finishes for our Women’s Artistic discipline on the World Cup Circuit and the launch of new initiatives such as the GymSTART competition, the National Series Super Camp and Club Managers Forum.
The 2019 National Awards is Gymnastics Ireland’s annual event designed to reward all those stand out performers and contributors to the sport of Gymnastics throughout the year.
Key highlights include…
- Proud winner of the Inclusivity Award at the 2019 Irish Sport Industry Awards and shortlisted for the Best use of Social Media Award in addition to NGB of the Year for the 2nd year in a row
- Membership growth of over 34,000 members maintaining our position as one of the largest Olympic sports in Ireland
- Record entries of approx. 10,000 participants in our national events programme covering participation through to performance levels
- Launch of new events such as the GymSTART competition, the National Series Super Camp, the Club Managers Forum and the GymABLE Disability Club forum
- Announcement of approx. 200 gymnasts selected to the National Squads being led by an expert coaching team with multiple European, World & Olympic medals to their names
- Rhys McClenaghan hit Pommel gold at the 2019 World Cup in Slovenia and silver at the FIG World Challenge Cup in China
- First podium finishes for our Women’s Artistic discipline on the World Cup Circuit with Meg Ryan taking silver and Jane Heffernan taking bronze on uneven Bars at the World Cup in Turkey
- €200,000 investment in Audio Visual & IT equipment, score system developments & new gymnastics equipment for our national events programme
- We declared compliance with the governance code for community and voluntary organisations
- We hosted the European (UEG) Teamgym & Women’s Technical Committees for their meetings in Dublin in June & August
- Shane O'Connor became the new GI Chairman along with a number of new Board members taking over the good work led by Ger Rellis who stepped down after 12 years of great leadership
Gymnastics Ireland CEO, Ciaran Gallagher, welcomed the sponsorship deal in its fourth consecutive year, for an event that celebrates the achievements of all Gymnastics Ireland members.
‘Many thanks to Ciaran Whelan, Barbara McCluskey and the team at Marsh Ireland in continuing to support our National Awards as headline sponsor for 2019. It has again been a huge year and this event has established itself as a real celebration of all things gymnastics. The night also serves as a great social occasion for our members and community to get together outside of the gym and competition arena.’
Speaking on the announcement of the sponsorship deal Ciaran Whelan, Head of Enterprise and Sport in Marsh/JLT said:
‘Marsh Ireland are delighted to support the 2019 Marsh Gymnastics Ireland National Awards. From starting out within the local community right up to participation at international level, Gymnastics Ireland continues to grow year on year. We are proud to be associated with the recognition of the fantastic local and international achievements, which included the brilliant achievements of Meg Ryan and Jane Heffernan with podium finishes at the World Cup in Turkey and Rhys McClenaghan at the World Cups in Slovenia & China. Well done to all in Gymnastics Ireland on the great success of 2019.’
For more exciting news, follow us on Facebook ,Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn @GymnasticsIRE
#NationalAwards #SportStartsHere #GymnasticsIreland