2020/2021 Marsh Gymnastics Ireland National Awards - Winners Announced!
2nd November 2021, 10:31a.m. | National Awards
We are proud to announce the winners for the 2020/2021 Marsh Gymnastics Ireland National Awards which will be held on Saturday 20th November in the Raddison Blu Hotel, Dublin.
Commenting in relation to the announcement of winners, Marsh Head of Enterprise and Education Ciaran Whelan said...
'Marsh Ireland are delighted to support the 2020/2021 Gymnastics Ireland National Awards. Again our international gymnasts continued to thrive on the international stage representing our country with great pride in the recent Olympic Games and World level events. Despite the challenges of the last 18 months, gymnastic clubs across the country showed incredible resilience in supporting local communities with fantastic initiatives for their club members . As our country reopens and participation levels continue to recover in every club, the future for gymnastics in Ireland looks very bright. We are proud to be associated once again with the National Awards in recognising the brilliant achievements of the past difficult period'
Gymnastics Ireland CEO Ciaran Gallagher added...
'It has been an incredibly difficult time from March 2020 through to present day due to the devastating impact of the Covid19 pandemic on our lives. Despite the huge and ongoing obstacles faced our clubs and members have again & again risen to the challenge... Simply put they have ensured our sport has survived the most difficult period in recent history! On Saturday 20th November we will celebrate the innovation, resilience and successes of our community for the first time since November 2019 when we last were able to host our National Awards. It will be a special occasion marking a truly unprecedented time for our Gymnastics Ireland family.'
Award winners will be contacted shortly regarding full Awards night information including the purchasing of additional tickets/tables. Following confirmation of ticket/table bookings by the winners and their clubs a selection of additional tickets will be available for public purchase subject to availability.
See below the full list of winners...
Awards open to nomination by members:
- GymSTART Coach of the Year: Elaine Dilworth - Douglas GC and Steven Campbell - Citidal GC (tie)
- National Series Coach of the Year: Aoife Harnett - GymStars/Aspire GC
- GymABLE Coach of the Year: Karina Simiao - Citadel GC and Kate Frahill - DyNamo GC (tie)
- Unsung Hero: Joanne Power - DP GC
- Club of the Year: Trojan Gymnastics Club
- Virtual Club Engagement: DP GC, Excel GC & Citadel GC (tie)
- GymABLE Inclusive Club: DyNamo GC
- Innovative Club of the Year: Citadel GC & Coolmine GC (tie)
Gymnastics Ireland direct appointment awards:
- Club Social & Digital: Trojan GC
- Safe Club: Vortex GC
- Club Governance: Salto Cork
- Rising Star (U-18): Lily Russell - DP GC
- Young Coach of the Year - National: David Carleton - City of Lisburn/Salto GC
- Coach of the Year - International: Sally Batley - Renmore GC
- Gymnast of the Year: Rhys McClenaghan
- Special Recognition:
- Meg Ryan
- Emma Slevin
- Adam Steele
- Ryan Devine
- Daniel Fox
- Ewan McAteer
- Michael O’Neil
- Victoria Pattison - Ballincollig GC
- Emma Hamill - Douglas GC
- Luke Carson
- Denis Donoghue - Portlaoise GC
- Cliona O'Leary - Former RTE Deputy Head of TV
- John Treacy - Retiring CEO Sport Ireland
- 'GI Club Covid Response Award' to recognise efforts of all Club Covid Leads during the pandemic
Congratulations to all our award winners!
For more gymnastics news like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat & LinkedIn @GymnasticsIRE #NationalAwards #GymasticsIreland #Sportstartshere