JLT Ireland back as headline sponsor of 2018 National Awards
10th October 2018, 16:40p.m. | National Awards
Gymnastics Ireland is once again proud to announce JLT Ireland as the headline sponsor for the 2018 National Awards evening on Saturday 17th November.
The news follows on the back of a great summer for gymnastics with Rhys McClenaghan making history as Ireland's first European gymnastics champion and in recent days the equally historic result from Women’s Artistic gymnast Emma Slevin making finals at the 2018 World Youth Olympic Games, the first Irish gymnast to compete at this competition.
Some other key highlights include…
- Proud winner of the National Governing Body of the Year at the 2018 Sports Industry Awards
- Membership grew by 3000 members from the previous membership year to hit over 30,000 members making us one of the largest Olympic national governing bodies in Ireland
- Record entries of over 7000 participants in our national events programme covering participation through to performance levels
- New commercial partnership with Nestlé Cereals
- Rhys McClenaghan made history once again by hitting Gold on Pommel at the 2018 European Championships finals in Glasgow and becoming the first Irish gymnast to win a senior European title, just a few weeks after his gold medal for a second consecutive year at the 2018 World Challenge Cup in Mersin
- Gymnastics Ireland was shortlisted for the NGB award at the National Inclusion Awards for the work of the GymABLE Club Inclusion Project for people with disabilities
Gymnastics Ireland CEO, Ciaran Gallagher, welcomed the sponsorship deal for an event that celebrates the achievements of all Gymnastics Ireland members.
‘Many thanks to Amanda Harton and her team at JLT Ireland in returning as headline sponsor for the third consecutive year for the National Awards. 2018 has again been a huge year and this event has established itself as a real celebration of all things gymnastics and serves as a great social occasion for our members and community to get together outside of the gym or competition arena.
Speaking on the announcement of the sponsorship deal Amanda Harton, Partner, JLT Ireland said:
‘We are very proud to be back to support the 2018 JLT Gymnastics Ireland National Awards. The sport continues to grow in numbers year on year and there have been some amazing results such as with Rhys McClenaghan's historic European championship win. JLT Ireland is glad to be able to support an event that recognises the key achievements of the Gymnastics Ireland community from club to national level.’
For a flavor of what's to come, watch the 2017 National Awards video below...
Don’t miss your chance to nominate for one of the categories at the 2018 National Awards. Entry deadline is Friday 12th October. Submit your nomination now...
Find out more about the nomination categories...
For further information on the event click below.
Remember to follow us on social media for live updates and photos by searching for @GymnasticsIre #NationalAwards #GymasticsIreland #SportStartsHere