Ciaran Gallagher re-elected to Olympic Federation of Ireland Board
8th December 2020, 20:24pm | National
Gymnastics Ireland (GI) CEO Ciaran Gallagher was re-elected for a 2nd term to the Olympic Federation of Ireland (OFI) Board during a virtual EGM on Tuesday 8th December. He will continue on the Board alongside returning President Sarah Keane and Company Secretary Sarah O'Shea who is also a governance consultant for GI.
Commenting on his re-election Ciaran stated...
'Over the past 4 years the exiting Board has worked diligently to re-build the OFI post Rio Games. The OFI has since been overhauled to make it a modern fit-for-purpose organisation capable of supporting Ireland's future Olympians and leveraging the power of the Olympic brand in Ireland. It has been a privilege to work with a truly top-level Board and staff team at the OFI and I look forward to working with the new Board through the Paris Cycle as we further progress the Olympic movement in Ireland.'
The full Board elected at the EGM is as follows...
- President: Sarah Keane (Swim Ireland nominee)
- First Vice President: Colm Barrington (Irish Sailing nominee)
- Second Vice President: Robert Norwood (Snowsports nominee)
- Company Secretary: Sarah O'Shea (Badminton Ireland nominee)
- Board Member: Moira Ashton (Canoeing Ireland nominee)
- Board Member: Michelle Carpenter (Rowing Ireland nominee)
- Board Member: Georgina Drumm (Athletics Ireland nominee)
- Board Member: Ciaran Gallagher (Gymnastics Ireland nominee)
- Board Member: Linda Morgan (Boxing Ireland nominee)
- Board Member: PJ Nolan (Cycling Ireland nominee)
- Board Member: Lochlann Walsh (Triathlon Ireland nominee)
For more gymnastics news follow us @GymnasticsIRE on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat & LinkedIn. #GymasticsIreland #Sportstartshere