Job Opportunity: Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
30th November 2020, 13:49p.m. | National
Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme: ASPIRE Graduate
- Organisation: Gymnastics Ireland
- Location: Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
- Contract Length: 11 month contract
- Full time / Part time: Full time
- Salary:€25,000 (per annum – pro rata over 11 months)
- Application closing date: December 11th 2020
- Programme duration: Jan 2020 – Nov 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11-month contract and will work directly for Gymnastics Ireland.
Gymnastics is one of the largest sports in the world, one of the 3 category A Olympic sports (as defined by the International Olympic Committee) and in recent years has developed to become one of the largest sports in Ireland. Gymnastics Ireland is a 2 x time Irish Sport Industry Award winner (NGB of the Year & Inclusive Sport) with over 35,000 direct fee-paying members from a national club network of 100 clubs. We are one of the few sports in Ireland with a commercial club model whereby in addition to being key community sports facilities our clubs operate as small to medium enterprises (SMEs). The estimated economic value of the Gymnastics Ireland network is approx. €30million in a normal year with an estimated 1500 people gaining FT, PT or contract-based employment either in a sport or business operations role. Gymnastics Ireland provides innovative & quality programmes covering participation to national/international levels in addition to standard member services. We run one of the largest and most varied sports events programmes in Ireland and our performance programme has supported gymnasts such as 2 x RTE Young Sports Person of the Year, Rhys McClenaghan, punch through for Ireland on the international stage. Our base of operations is at the Sport Ireland Campus in Dublin which is home to our National Gymnastics Training Centre and events venue within the National Indoor Arena in addition to our company offices. For more info visit www.gymnasticsireland.com
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with Gymnastics Ireland various departments. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
The graduate will work under the mentorship of Aimi Baker, Participation Manager and will get the opportunity to work in a variety of roles within several departments across the organisation including Education, Participation, Media, Administration, National Events and High Performance.
There is great scope within all Gymnastics Ireland programmes and events for any sports graduate to gain beneficial and relevant experience and develop a wide range of skills and knowledge within this NGB, that will undoubtably help further their career
The candidate should ideally be energetic, innovative, creative and have good communication skills.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support Gymnastics Ireland in achieving a variety of project and programme objectives.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project / programme.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
- Support roles in our National Education and Participation programme.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task particularly in a high-pressured environment at National Series and Participation events.
- Coordinate and carry out office administration
- Organised with strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload
- Be available to work from home given the current circumstances
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January 2019 and November 2020.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Be highly motivated, able to work effectively as part of a project team while also individually for specific tasks
- Demonstrate an ability to innovate and think outside the box
- Complete the Microsoft Form - Aspire Canidate Form for Completion