Announcement of Board nominations for 2019 AGM
4th July 2019, 11:38a.m. | National
As per Gymnastics Ireland constitution the Nominations Panel (NP) recently met to conclude its business as it relates to the upcoming Annual General Meeting on Sunday 21st July.
The NP, which is appointed by the Board as per the constitution, consisted of the following...
- One current Board member not seeking re-appointment/election - Ger Rellis (out-going Chair)
- One former Board member not seeking re-appointment/election - Pauric Dooley
- One independent member - Con McCluskey (CEO of Ireland Active and member of the government Sports Leadership Group)
The following candidates have been confirmed by the NP as appointed to the respective Board positions subject to final ratification at the AGM by the members (please click on the name/hyperlink to view each individuals bios)...
- Chair: Shane O'Connor
- Member Officer: Andrew Coulter
- Member Officer: Ruth Larragy
- Independent Officer: Roddy Guiney
- Independent Officer: Lynne Darcy
The following candidates have been confirmed by the NP as eligible to go forward to the AGM for election...
- Deputy Chair: Mairead Kavanagh
- Company Secretary: Amanda Kinahan
- Membership Representative Officer: Colm Murray
- Membership Representative Officer: Flavius Kozci
In the interests of transparency the NP would like to confirm that the above candidates were the only candidates to be nominated for each Board position (i.e. no other candidate nominations were received).
The AGM will be held on Sunday 21st July at 2pm in Sport HQ at the Sport Ireland Campus.
To view full details about the 2019 AGM, click here...